People seeking liposuction plastic surgery should ideally have clarity on all aspects of the procedure as well as the background of the liposuction surgeon. A well-informed and aware patient is ideally placed to make better decisions and typically attain higher satisfaction from the procedure outcomes.
A dedicated liposuction surgeon will encourage patients to ask questions and express any concerns that they may have about the procedure or the surgeon’s background. The patient should unhesitatingly ask the question again if they do not understand the surgeon’s answer in the first instance.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Roger Tsai provides liposuction to patients in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding communities.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you a board certified plastic surgeon?
- How many years of training and hands-on practice experience do you have in the area of plastic surgery?
- Do you routinely undertake body contouring plastic surgeries such as liposuction? If yes, what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- Will you perform the surgery at an ambulatory surgical center, a private surgical suite, or a hospital?
- Do you have staff privileges at a local hospital?
- If any complication occurs during the liposuction surgery, is the practice adequately equipped to manage it?
- What are your policies on revision surgery should I be unhappy with the results of the surgery?
- What other types of plastic surgeries do you perform?
Questions about Liposuction
- Am I a suitable candidate for liposuction surgery?
- Do you recommend any non-surgical options in place of or along with liposuction?
- Will the preparation for the surgery include any dietary or lifestyle changes or adjustments to my current medicine schedule?
- Will you perform the procedure using general or local anesthesia?
- Would you perform liposuction surgery as an in-patient or outpatient procedure?
- What potential risks and complications does liposuction surgery involve?
- How many days of leave from work should I apply for to recover from the surgery?
- Can I see liposuction before and after images to develop a more realistic understanding of the outcomes?
Questions about the Cost
- What will be the estimated liposuction cosmetic surgery costs for me at your practice?
- Is the cost estimate all-inclusive?
- What post-op expenses would I incur on items such as medical tests, compression garments, and prescription drugs?
- Will you charge additionally for my post-op office visits?
- Will the procedure be more cost effective for me if I choose to undergo liposuction in combination with another procedure?
- Are there any circumstances where the patient may receive insurance coverage for their liposuction surgery?
- Will your administrative staff be able to provide me with guidance on the various medical care financing options available to me?
Before the initial consultation, the patient should review the surgeon’s practice website. They may also see liposuction before and after images as well as patient testimonials that may be featured on the website.
The patient may engage with previous liposuction patients on online platforms to gain a deeper insight into the surgery from the point-of-view of another patient. They should only make a final decision on working with the surgeon only after they are completely satisfied with the surgeon’s responses to their questions and concerns.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Roger Tsai receives patients from West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for liposuction.
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190. Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.