The neck is a very noticeable area of the body, and sagging neck skin can create an unattractive or older appearance. A neck lift is a suitable plastic surgery procedure to restore a smoother, more youthful neck appearance.
To ensure safe and beautiful results, the procedure must be preceded by a thorough preparation process. During the pre-operative consultation, the surgeon will involve the preparatory steps to the patient.
Patients who are adequately prepared for the procedure will usually feel more reassured about the procedure and attain higher levels of satisfaction from the neck lift surgery.
Board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Roger Tsai provides neck lift to patients in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and surrounding locations.
Steps for Preparation
Prior to the scheduled date of the surgery, the patient should ideally undertake the below mentioned preparatory steps:
- Make advance arrangements to send the previous medical records to the surgeon’s office, ideally prior to the pre-operative consultation
- Enlist all prescription and non-prescription medications, including herbal supplements and vitamins to show the surgeon during the initial consultation
- Get the necessary x-rays or lab tests done as instructed by the surgeon
- Alter the schedule of prescription drugs in consultation with the prescribing doctor, if required
- Not smoke for a specified duration as directed by the surgeon
- Complete any pressing home or office related tasks in advance of the procedure to enjoy a comfortable recovery period
- Arrange for a responsible person to drive them back home after the outpatient neck lift plastic surgery
- If required, arrange for aftercare for a few days
- Apply for leave from the workplace for around one week
The patient should follow the surgeon’s preparatory guidelines in a dedicated manner to achieve safe and predictable surgical outcomes.
A Day before Surgery
The patient should undertake the following a day prior to their neck lift cosmetic surgery:
- Rest properly and get a good night’s sleep prior to the surgery
- Avoid eating and drinking for around eight hours before the neck lift procedure
- Do not consume alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours prior to the procedure
- Avoid wearing any nail paint, makeup, contact lenses, body piercings, or jewelry on the day of the surgery
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing with front buttons on the day of the procedure
- Diabetics should have their vital parameters assessed on the morning of the procedure
The patient may purchase a few essential items such as pain medications, loose fitting clothing, extra pillows, and ice packs, and stock these at home in advance of the procedure. They may choose to create a personal ‘recovery station’ near their bedside to enjoy a more relaxed recovery at home.
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Roger Tsai receives patients from West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, CA, and nearby areas for neck lift.
For more information on cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments by Beverly Hills board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Roger Tsai, MD please click here or call us at 310.276.1190. Taking patients from Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Orange County, Southern California and other surrounding cities.